Monday, August 22, 2005

ValleyBlogs.com

In case you missed today's column, I covered the new ValleyBlogs site. It's currently home to Steve Sebelius, Dave Berns and Len Butcher. Len started his blog late last week -- after I'd filed my column to the folks in the Business department.

We plan on keeping this site as the home for all the blogs at the Las Vegas Stephens Media sites. We don't know exactly where it's headed, or who will be added in the future, but we do have a home for our blogs. We're talking about doing photo blogs and mobile blogs (moblogs), which will likely include contributions from the public -- not just our writers.

Give the new blogs a look and let be sure to leave comments.

Happy blogging!

...al

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. High Rise said...

Regarding your latest column with respect to getting comments on blog entries, allow me to present an alternative view. I'd rather have a reader contact me via email or my website than to leave a comment on my blog. When a reader creates a blog comment, he/she feels like they've said their peace and most likely that'll be the end of it. However, when a reader takes the time to read your blog, click on a link from your blog to your website and THEN contacts you at that point via email or by phone, you know you have a captivated audience. I would say about 90% of my best clients have contacted me after reading my blog, which inturn directed them to my website - and not one of them ever left a blog comment. Don't get me wrong - comments can't hurt, but I believe people's blog efforts should concentrate on developing interesting and useful content rather than trying to entice readers to commment on your entries. Thanks Al, I really enjoy reading your columns.

Regards,

- Ron

highrises.blogspot.com

8/23/2005 4:51 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

Wow, surprise mention in the paper, I'm really flattered! I had to run out and buy a copy for my myself...and then that adventure lead to another blog, of course!

I have to disagree with Ron a little bit; I think all people are pretty lazy when it comes to blogs. You either have to be a really charismatic or controversial in order to get them to send you an email. With high rises they are going to want more specific information from you, so I can see why someone would feel more comfortable emailing you. With a personal blog(s) people just want to comment and say "good job" or something to that effect.

www.snapdragons.blogspot.com

8/23/2005 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home